I recently purchased the fantastic Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 with the latest Traktor Pro 3 software. Everything is wonderful accept after about an hour I was noticing the audio started to break up and after a further minute would completely drop altogether.
So I started looking into what was causing the issue, I tried things like updating my Mac to the latest version, turning off WiFI and Bluetooth but still it would happen.
After doing some researching I found some forum users suggesting to turn off Enable Multi Core Processor Support.
After doing the same tests I found this was the solution in my case.